COVID-19 vaccines explained
Vaccines have become a household conversation. But often the talk is inaccurate and full of fear.
Quality vaccine journalism ‘talks’ to people. It answers their questions and addresses their doubts.
Let's Talk Vaccines takes you on a journey of discovery from evolving vaccine science to how to hold governments to account to ensure all people get access to a COVID-19 vaccine, and on to strategies to address vaccine misinformation.
Get to grips with the vaccines
Gain a more thorough understanding of vaccine science, history, access, logistics and uptake.
Improve your storytelling
Combine your new vaccine knowledge with guidelines for crafting and communicating accurate, compelling journalism.
Sources and resources
Find out where to find accurate, up-to-date and reliable data and tools relating to COVID-19 vaccination.
Shift the conversation
Packed with tips, case studies and quizzes, Let's Talk Vaccines helps journalists to navigate ongoing developments in the vaccine story. Here's what to expect:
- 4.1 What is vaccine confidence and why is it important?
- 4.2 Why are people hesitant about vaccines?
- 4.3 Understanding vaccine behavior: identifying challenges and solutions
- 4.4 The way forward: How experts are building trust in vaccines
- 4.5 Vaccine-related causes of vaccine hesitancy
- 4.6 How to report on vaccine hesitancy with confidence
Before you dive in:
Here's a quick welcome to the course from Ida Jooste, Global Health Media Advisor at Internews:
Improve your vaccine knowledge
This course is essential for any journalist who is looking for a free, fast and accurate way of brushing up their COVID-19 vaccine storytelling skills.